GET YOUR WISDOM TEETH & INFORMATION GUIDEFill out the form below and we will email/text you the guide along with a $300 savings offer
THE GUIDE WILL INCLUDE
- Wisdome Teeth Removal Benefits
- Wisdome Teeth Removal FAQs
- $300 Savings
- And More!
Dental Implants North York
Third molars, or wisdom teeth, are the last set of permanent molars to emerge. These teeth are also the most likely to require extraction, due to any of several complications. However, other teeth may also require extraction if they cannot be saved by root canal therapy or other treatment. Some of the most common reasons to have teeth extracted include:
- Impacted tooth – tooth is trapped beneath bone or gums and not emerging properly
- Crowding or small mouth – emerging teeth may cause other teeth to shift or crack due to lack of space
- Decay or infection – when a tooth is affected by extreme decay or infection that cannot be corrected with filling or root canal treatment, it may require extraction
Dr. Metwally may recommend extraction of one or more of your teeth if any of these issues apply to you. During your consultation, we may also recommend sedation dentistry to make your experience more comfortable.
After your extraction, you will need to be driven home by a friend or family member. You will require rest, but lie with your head propped on a pillow to prevent prolonged bleeding.
We will apply gauze when your extraction is complete. When it becomes soaked, change it for a fresh piece. Use pain medication and ice pack as directed for pain and swelling. If bleeding continues beyond 24 hours, contact our office immediately.
For the first few days following extraction, limit your diet to soft foods. Avoid smoking or using a straw, as the pressures created by these actions can slow clotting and loosen sutures. For more information or an extraction consultation, contact our office.